Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Daddy's Sending Me a Hug





These are four of my favorite pictures from this summer, maybe of all time! Ryan and his future brother-in-law secretly put together a DVD from Ryan in Qatar that was shown at Bonnie and Aaron's wedding reception. It was definitely one of the highlights of the day, and a very emotional experience for us all. (Aaron really made some points with the family for that one!)
In one segment, Ryan gave his family a hug on the DVD and talked specifically to Lainey and the boys about this long-distance hug. Aaron gave us a copy of the DVD after the wedding, so when we were babysitting Seth and Dylan for two weeks in August, we watched their dad on the computer screen often. I happened to have my camera one day when Seth was watching the video and listening so intently to his Daddy sending the hug. Hence the picture sequence (Look carefully at the computer screen.) Just wish I had taken one more picture when Seth was doing the hug motion. It was priceless!!! We thank God that Ryan and Seth's hugs are all in person now!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Sweet boy!
I got out our nativity set you got us for our wedding yesterday and thought of you...I love it and it is always so special to get it out:) I even contemplated taking it to Peru but I guess that isn't an essential that will fit in the suitcase:) Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season and we look forward to seeing you soon:)

Bonnie said...

love your new backgrounds mom! :)